Sunday, March 09, 2008

Aussiereviews.com and Hal Spacejock 2 & 3

These reviews were posted late last year, and I somehow managed to miss them. (I had the pleasure of meeting the reviewer, Sally Murphy, at the All Saints' Kids' Lit festival in April last year, and I was happy to sign a copy of Hal Spacejock to her - right underneath the promo blurb for the book which my publisher snipped out of her first Hal review!)

Hal Spacejock Second Course reviewed here

"Often sequels to successful first books can be downright disappointing or repetitive, but this sequel is better than the first, with more development of Hal and Clunk as characters and an interesting cast of supporting characters, as well as a plot with twists and turns, and plenty of humour."

Hal Spacejock Just Desserts reviewed here

"Author Simon Haynes has found a formula that works, yet manages to make each new instalment sufficiently different to avoid it becoming predictable."

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

3 comments:

Sally Murphy said...

Glad you found (and enjoyed) the reviews, though I think it was me who (very cheekily) signed your copy of Hal underneath my review.

Hope all is well with you :)

Simon Haynes said...

Aha, is that what happened? I remember od'ing on caffeine before I got up to talk to a room full of kids, and not much afterwards!

I'm doing well, thanks - apparently Hal 4 is printed and review copies will be going out shortly. No news on an overseas deal yet, but these things take time. Hal will hit the Northern Hemisphere any decade now, I'm sure of it.

Simon Haynes said...

There, added you to my blogroll ;-)