Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Author Visit I

I had a great time visiting primary school groups today - I met with several classes from the Northern suburbs of Perth, spoke at length and answered many, many questions. One class even gave me homework - a folder with all the questions I didn't manage to answer during the session! (If any of you are reading this, I promise I'll get to those shortly. I've got another day with more classes in the Eastern suburbs tomorrow and a shorter day way down South on Thursday. I'd probably be heading West on Friday, except I'd end up in the Indian Ocean.)

I think I managed to sign bookmarks for just about everyone, too. Over 200, by my count.

An interesting aside: after one session I spoke to a teacher/librarian who used to work for one of the educational book suppliers in Perth. She told me orders for my books always used to flood in after I'd spoken at a school, which is a good result since I rarely talk about my own books when I do a visit. I usually talk about being a writer, about the publishing industry, and about persisting with your dreams. I also talk about writers and money, which is a popular topic ;-)

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone who attended the sessions, and I hope you got something out of them.

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

No comments: