Thursday, March 02, 2006

Announcement lists - ego trip or useful tool?

About a year ago I set up an announcements list for the Hal Spacejock series. Every now and then I post a news update, which might contain links to new reviews, details of overseas releases and so on.

After seeing so many people miss out in the latest Hal draw (306 entrants, 10 winners) I've decided to run some kind of contest through the announcement list from time to time, which will allow me to give away more copies of my books.

If you'd like to be in on it, just visit the mailing list signup page The list runs on my own server, which means nobody else will get hold of your details, so feel free to sign up. The link above will also give you access to the mailing list archive, so you can see the kind of thing I send out.

The single biggest reason for the mailing list is to let people in the UK or US know when Hal Spacejock is available in their market, and believe me as soon as I have news it'll be broadcast on every channel I have at my disposal ;-)

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

1 comment:

Faith Bicknell said...

I write magic realism and paranormal romance. I used to read a lot of sci-fi, but drifted away from it. Now, I'm trying to get back into reading the genre, so I'll keep your books in mind.