Thursday, October 13, 2005

Appearances

Two of them, one soon and one a long way off.

The first appearance is at Fantastic Planet on the 28th of October. I'll be doing a reading from Hal Spacejock at 4:30pm (Fantastic Planet is an SF bookstore in Shafto Lane, Perth, Western Australia.)

The second is a three-day event called Kids' Lit 2006. This will be the fifth annual festival of children’s literature, reading, writing and illustrating to be conducted by All Saints’ College. The focus is on the promotion of young people’s literacy, and they have a packed program with about 8 concurrent streams. Over the past four years they've attracted 40,000+ visitors, and it's getting bigger each time. I'll link to the program and ticketing details once they're available online. It's a prestigious event and it sounds like a blast, so I'm very happy to be invited.

Update - Make that three appearances. I forgot to mention Fandomedia. (Sorry Ju)

Just a reminder that I maintain an appearances page on the Hal Spacejock website.

Simon Haynes is the author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series (Amazon / Smashwords / other formats)

2 comments:

David Forbes said...

It sounds like you're getting a lot of promotional opportunities from Hal. Good for you!

The Kids' Lit even sounds very interesting. Are you going to be on a panel of some kind?

Simon Haynes said...

Each author does a maximum of 3 sessions per day on each of the three days, and the number of kids in each session ranges from 30 to 600. I won't know exactly what I'm doing until later (the event is still 8 months away) but I did offer to do in-class sessions as well as the programmed stuff. Now I can really be thankful that I wrote an adult book that kids can also enjoy. (My eldest is 10, and I knew she'd want to read it asap. Therefore, I had to make sure Spacejock was more or less kid friendly.)
You can download the Kids' Lit 2005 program here to see what happened at the last festival. The 2006 one won't be ready until later this year.